Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
devils words NEED HELP
(22-01-2015, 02:10 PM)iShouldBsleeping Wrote: I'd like to start off by saying I'm no pro mixing engineer, just a guy who loves doing it and is eager to learn. Also, I'm listening to this on headphones because my listening environment sucks.

Having said that, there were some things I liked about the mix and some things I did not prefer. I say prefer because after a certain point its just a matter of taste and not right or wrong. I liked tone and dynamics of the guitar, sounded nice. I felt the drums were a little too washy and sub heavy.. kind of felt like it was under water or floating. For this song I prefer tight punchy drums.

I also thought the vocal reverb didn't quite fit the rest of the mix. It seemed a little short.. like in a bathroom or something. The dynamics of the vocal were good though. I thought the verse guitar clashed a little bit with the vocal.. it was panned right on top of her. I did however really like the compression on it. I had a hard time getting that thing to sit.. the flange makes it hard for me to compress the way I wanted to.

I like the creativity with the tom placement, but it kind of seemed like they were in front of her vocal.. kind of distracted me. I wasn't really into the loop you placed in the bridge.. kind of a different vibe. I see what you were trying to do but I didn't really feel like it fit.

The songs overall dynamic balance was nice though. Has a nice balance to it.

Hope I wasn't too harsh, but I'm honest about this stuff. Criticism is what makes us improve. If you get a chance check out my mix. Thanks.

thanks for the feedback there where something you said I didn't get thro like drum loop thing I don't use a drum loop just cla 73 all button in and a neve channel set to m/s set on the loop that was there already as for the drum track it self that's where I felt it was wrong but all in all you criticism is welcome iam very new to this so any feedback is good for me ill work on so for those thing
thank you so much
mike

Messages In This Thread
devils words NEED HELP - by mike - 18-01-2015, 02:56 PM
RE: devils words NEED HELP - by mike - 22-01-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: devils words NEED HELP - by loweche6 - 23-01-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: devils words NEED HELP - by mike - 23-01-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: devils words NEED HELP - by mike - 23-01-2015, 02:05 PM