Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - What I Want Juanra Ortiz's Mix
Second listening on Focal monitors.

Little details ... very little, and not that objective, but on my way to critic something so :

- The snare feels a bit "woody" to me, i don't know if i'm clear. It's kind of stuck between 200 and 1k, but something's missing in my humble opinion in the 2-3k region, to make it more open.
Your long reverb on the snare is for me too long, but it's a choice i do respect, as it gives a certain amount of depth. I would have been more into a roomy kind of verb, more ambiance, early ref, to make it glue the drums.

- Your kick choice is ...wel.. a choice ! I liked the one which was recorded, but why not using sample instead ! It sounds good, but it sounds ... as a sample does : far from the rest of the kit. Maybe you could mix sample and tracking... there's a huge space around the snare, and almost none on the kick, that feels strange to me but we're really talking details ! Smile

- Your lead vocal could be a few cents of dBs up maybe (compared to the bkv it's obvious...)

- Bass sounds good, guitars too, piano too, for those, nothing much to say ! maybe the bass could be a little deeper in the low end, as it was really good recorded ! (i love that sound ... )

- Your overall master is a little soft in the high end to me, but it's well done in terms of dynamics. Mine is too compressed i think compared to yours.

But above all, i maintain what i said earlier : this is a really good mix !

Congrat's !

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Brew - What I Want Juanra Ortiz's Mix - by JohnSmith - 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM