Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Reason To Leave_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek
This is a great song; a blend between Jazz and Rock. My approach was to try to emphasize each style within the song, but to make each style unique in some way. After all, it's neither tradition Jazz or Rock, but a blend....something in between. :-)

Love the song and I spent considerable time working on this. I took a few creative liberties but hopefully they add to and enhance the tune. I added no new instrumentation (only utilized existing guitars, keys, etc.). However, I did sound replace the kick and snare in order to try to make the most of the varied genres in the song. For instance, in the Jazz sections the kick is more subdued but you can still hear the beater (which I just always love no matter the genre) and used a brush hit sample for the snare. In the Rock sections, I used a different kick and a different snare. I also dirtied up one of the rhythm guitars and used it as a backdrop during the rock portions to give it more of a rock sound and feel. I also dirtied up the ending guitar solo and brought in the background vocals singing "to leave, to leave, to leave, to leave" as the song fades, which seemed to just fit the fade perfectly.....as the song leaves so do the vocals with the song's message. :-) Trying to blend two different styles of music in the same song is madness...LOL! Loved doing this mix. Hope y'all like it.

Tom

.mp3    A Reason To Leave_5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
A Reason To Leave_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 24-12-2014, 02:05 AM