Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Morgan 'Flesh and Bone' EL mix
Also, it sounded like you didn't use as much of the acoustic or unamped version of the guitar sound. That is my favorite part of the guitar sound, speaking as the artist. I love all the creaks and moans the wood makes.

(27-02-2013, 09:48 PM)WesleyMorgan Wrote: Hello There,

As the artist on this track, there are a few small corrections I wish that I could have made if there was time. There are a few dry mouth sounds that I would duck out (0:28-0:32) and a couple of tuning spots (i.e. only in "body is only made" 0:43)

That said, it is a good idea to listen to the track that Oz Fritz mixed. For one, the accordion doesn't come in until later 1:40. The part gets better then and it also helps build the overall arrangement. Second, the way he balances the instruments is very instructional.

I would also suggest bringing out pedal steel and accordion parts in certain spots to help give the arrangement more "oomph". I.e. 4:28 and 4:45 are beautiful accordion parts.

I also notice you dropped the accordion around the 2:50 mark. Any reasons why? Was it to give it more oomph for the final verse. Cool idea. How do you think it works compared to the original mix?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wesley Morgan 'Flesh and Bone' EL mix - by WesleyMorgan - 27-02-2013, 09:55 PM