Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
3rd Wave mix of Patrick Talbot's 'Blue'
(14-11-2014, 03:40 AM)ptalbot Wrote: Wow! I really love what you did with the vocal, man!
I find your mix a bit darker than some I've heard and probably dryer as well, but the vocal is much fuller in your mix and this works really well too. I wonder how you achieved that?
Well impressed! Smile
Thanks for the kind words. Let me reciprocate: you're stuff is great! I'm looking forward to the new tunes.
Anyway, I went into detail on the vocal processing in another thread, which I'm sure you'll see... It's basically a ton of de-essing, which left a decent vocal tone...
I did go for a drier, present sound, especially for a jazz-type mix. Then I read your feedback to others... Oops...
Quote:On a side note, I see that you've uploaded a 188kbps mp3 instead of 320kbps, maybe this has quantized some of the highs?
I've replaced the 192 ABR with a 320 CBR version. The difference is negligible--to these primitive ears... The "darkness" is mostly how I mixed it. It could probably use a little mastering, but I think it translates better to more systems if it's a little... let's call it "warmer." :^)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3rd Wave mix of Patrick Talbot's 'Blue' - by Mike_K - 14-11-2014, 05:50 AM