Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Howlin - The Metallurgist's alternative perspective....
That's a great version, Dave!
It will probably not mean much to you but I had to say it. Smile

I really love your artistic approach to the mix, and how you've been driven by the emotional content more than the given elements.
I also found the snare in particular to be obnoxious and deserving the song more than helping it... I don't know what they were thinking...

All I know is that I like you version better than the more 'vanilla' approach I've heard (no offense to the others), and you've succeeded in letting me hear that song with a different perspective. I must say that I was never tempted to try and mix this song, because I was not emotionally attached to it, and that's one of the obstacle I have when mixing, and also why I rarely attempt to mix other's songs, it has to talk to me, musically. Now your version made it tempting!

I cannot give you any worthy technical feedback because I'm not a good mixer myself, and I would love to be as skilled as you are to be able to produce at that level... I'm working on it! Smile

Now I need to listen to other songs you've mixed. If you had the same approach to all of them, I might learn something! Big Grin

Keep it up!
-Patrick

"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Howlin - The Metallurgist's alternative perspective.... - by thelongestyear - 21-09-2014, 09:06 PM
RE: Howlin - The Metallurgist's alternative perspective.... - by ptalbot - 03-11-2014, 01:31 PM