Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you are the one (mixed by Sardhouse)
Hi Azwayne,
i'm using AKG K 702 headphones since 2005 (previously i used AKG K 701), humbly i tell you this 'cause i'm pretty sure about the sound, maybe it's a matter of taste... 'cause surely we are different, but please tell me which kind of headphones you're using!! Smile

let me explain:

GUITAR'S DELAY: i'm listening to my song right now and i'm comfortable with it... not just because i did it... but just because i spent a lot of time and finally i choose a good EQ/effect/volume. usually i use an equalizer before the delay, in order to model the right "delay's shape" and to give more room for the other instruments. yes, i can hear a solid guitar's delay but i can also listen without fatigue the other instruments, the voice and so on. this is the most important thing when i'm mixing a song Wink

KICK and SNARE DRUMS: i choose a good EQ balance (they are MONO), i just insert a very soft compressor, i also used some volume's automation where needed (in some part i just keept a soft kick 'cause i felt this need),

OVERHEAD: i choose a good EQ balance then i reduced a bit the "stereo overhead" field (stereo correlation meter was every-time on zero (must be between -1 and zero), i took time to blend it well with the mono overhead channel, then i inserted a limiter on their "overhead BUS", finally i used some volume's automation where needed. now i used the overhead bus (stereo and ambience) to enhance kick and snare (mono, strong support). no more effects.

BASS: i used equalization, compression, limiting and volume's automation in this exact order. you can hear a strong, solid bass but you can also hear a solid kick.

hope i helped you!!
cheers,
Sardhouse
Recording engineer David Williams said, “It’s quite ironic: We got rid of our
analog equipment, replaced it with digital, then spent the next couple
of decades trying to get the digital to sound like the analog we
got rid of.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: you are the one (mixed by Sardhouse) - by sardhouse - 25-10-2014, 06:51 PM