Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Burning Bridges by Dark Ride
Awesome, Thanks for the reply. I did a bit of a revision mix with your comments in mind. I think it came out a lot better.

I found it hard to deal with the kick and bass to stop them competing with one another in the low end once I added more bass back in although I agree my first mix was completely lacking in bass. I think I got decent high end separation on this pass and the overall feel of the song is better with the extra bass in there but the low end now feels overloaded to me beause I couldn't seem to trim any away without thinning it out again. A lot of that could me to do with not having been able to mix on my monitors and doing this straight out of my laptop on my cheap sony Headphones. They are closed back so I could be hearing different bass frequencies ringing in the cans and be cutting the wrong shit.

[Edit] Sounds like there was a jitter issue in my bounce somewhere towards the start but you get the point.

.m4a    Burning Bridges Final Revised Mix aac.m4a --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix of Burning Bridges by Dark Ride - by Dom_Simpson - 20-09-2014, 07:27 PM