Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges
(16-09-2014, 10:30 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Thanks Pauli, the language barrier is my biggest problem in terms of advice. I don't always find the right words so I have to use the english words and phrases I know which are pretty basic compared to my german vocabulary. This is a little bit frustrating because I´m the chief editor of two german magazines and therefore used to be very precise with my advice in my day to day work Smile

But yeah, you are absolutely right about reverbs. The thing is: There are three reverb/ambience tracks for the drums: a mono room, a stereo room and a snare reverb. They'll give you all the ambience you need for this song.

And you're spot on with the general advice to lower the level of your send as soon as you start to "hear" the reverb. Unless you are using reverb as a special fx I always find it distracting to clearly hear reverb on vocals or any other instrument. Too much reverb is like adding a new instrument that suddenly gets all the attraction.

@blitzzz, im always afraid on the room tracks, stereo and mono, ill make a mess of the mix, but there is aleays a sound in there i want to bring out, but honestly dont know how. Like on the stereo room, im gonna call some sustain or the tail from the kick drum that i want but i dont want to cut any freqs or bring the volume up to loud because of the band in the next room sound. Any tips. The stereo room has a lot of sounds that i want to come out and be noticeable but not prominent. I really like this song and i can hear how i want it to sound, just having trouble, getting things spot on. Almost like a sharp pinpoint mix on top of a ghostly mix you can get lost in on top of a heavy mix that sounds like its breathing and it all surrounds you. Bringing out the emotions of the song, theres alot in this song, if the person who wrote this song actually means what this song is about and didnt write it because it sounded good, then i want to bring it out. Not to be some emotional simp or whatever, but i want to feel what the artists felt when this was written. Thats how i like my music, to me, commercial is what it is, for the masses. Not trying to change anything, i just want mix a song to how it makes me feel. Sorry to ramble. ANYWAYS, I feel like i am missing alot of the technical parts so any help you guys can offer will be awesome.

Messages In This Thread
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Debellatoris - 07-09-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Blitzzz - 12-09-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by pauli - 15-09-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Debellatoris - 20-09-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Debellatoris - 12-09-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Debellatoris - 14-09-2014, 05:45 AM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by psoares - 14-09-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Blitzzz - 16-09-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by Debellatoris - 20-09-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by pauli - 16-09-2014, 09:28 PM
RE: Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - by pauli - 17-09-2014, 12:05 AM