Poll: Do you want one more song of the Forkupines?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nah, first one sucked for mixing.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Only if it isn't as hard to mix as Semantics!
2.78%
1 2.78%
Yes, I love challenges!
94.44%
34 94.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix!
(28-08-2014, 02:46 PM)Spede Wrote: The biggest issue was the drum tracks which were effectively destroyed by flex-time. Once the phase relationship between the drum channels is ruined, a live drum kit is essentially unmixable. Since I don't use Logic much (only write some preproduction demos) I don't know how to phase-lock a multitrack flex-time. I know how to deal with the Pro Tools' Elastic Audio (You have to render the multitrack as a single surround track), but for drum editing I mainly use Beat Detective since it's the surest way to keep the phase relationship intact.

A snare sample doesn't help a lot if the original snares top and bottom mic (and OHs for that matter) are constantly moving around in respect of another.

Actually I phase-locked the drum tracks after recording and before using flex-time... maybe it failed somehow while exporting in single-tracks, I'll have to look over it again. Thanks for telling me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix! - by wurstdrummer - 28-08-2014, 03:27 PM