Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf- Come Around
The verses have a great open feel here, and the vocal comes across with a lovely breathy clarity. I like the way you've dealt with the loop too, and the kick in particular is very appealing.

However, when you hit the chorus it doesn't really deliver on the promise of the verse for me, which makes me wonder whether you mixed this track from start to finish and ran out of ideas when you got to the chorus. Smile I'd try to make more of the guitars there, and maybe supplement the drums with something to open the sound out and signal to everyone that the chorus is really here. It's not easy here, though, I'll concede, because you don't have a tremendous amount to work with. If I did this mix again, I have to say I'd probably add more things to it to try to get those long-term dynamics going properly.

The lead vocal in the choruses could probably benefit from some different EQ for when she shifts out of her breathy delivery into the more strident chest voice -- it's coming across rather abrasive at 3.5kHz, especially in conjunction with the guitars at those moments, which also use that zone for their own 'bite'.

Messages In This Thread
Leaf- Come Around - by ch32 - 18-11-2012, 07:39 AM
RE: Leaf- Come Around - by DanUpdegraff - 28-11-2012, 05:15 AM
RE: Leaf- Come Around - by ch32 - 28-11-2012, 06:10 AM
RE: Leaf- Come Around - by Mike Senior - 18-02-2013, 01:27 PM