Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Siren-mix (with retriggered drums and 37(!) plugins)
(16-08-2014, 11:10 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Sgt Petter
I really like you mix ,it has inspired to do a remix !
As the others have mentioned the bottom end sounds boosted around 50hz and just needs to be reduced Big Grin

Wow, that's really awsome to hear, thedon! Please let me know when you post your new mix :-) And thanks for telling me your honest opinion about that bass :-)

I'm not sure I'll be able to reduce that bass, since many of the plugs were trials and have expired, but the synonymous "lower that bass"-feedback has made me curious. So I wanted to see how my the spectrum of my mix compared to well known songs.

So I did a spectrum analysis with Har-Bal 3 (known to many SOS readers), showing the average (green) and peak (yellow) power plot.

Since Dave Pensado has got me really inspired the last weeks, I analysed both Trick Daddys "I'm a Thug", Ne-Yos "Miss independent", and The Roots "Sacrifice", all being used as reference by Mr. Pensado when he's mixing (not neccessarily in the same style as "Siren" or for that matter used by Pensado for perfect bass level reasons, but anyway ... http://www.pensadosplace.tv/2014/01/02/a...e-lair-93/)

I also analysed Daft Punks immaculate "Get Lucky" and Robyns "Dancing on my own" just because I like the songs.

I don't want to start a discussion about whether this or that bass-level is "right" for "Siren" - that's of course a matter of taste. I just thought it would be interesting for us all to see the spectrum-plots for all these famous mixes. And if you have a mix you want me to analyze with Har-Bal, let me know :-)

Anyway, here 's what I found:

Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Siren-mix (with retriggered drums and 37(!) plugins) - by sgtpetter - 17-08-2014, 05:22 PM