Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!
Welllllll done man !

Yeah ! reminds me of good old' Iron Maiden, with a sort of modern Alice in Chains vocal harmony (love that fifth use!)
Just listend to it on my crappy PC speakers and it sounds pretty well balanced ! Maybe something is jumping out to my ears at such a low volume on PC speakers : to me the choice of kick's texture/sound doesn't match with the power the snare has ! It may be a good idea to seek for a more moderne sound to match the rest of the mix' feeling. I don't know if kick is triggered or recorded, but maybe adding a sample layer on it could add the top end crisp it deserves (to my ears...). It's like the kick sounds 70' as the guitar and snare sound 80's and vocals 90's Smile
Maybe a few days without listening to your mix, and putting your head into old good records of Iron, Alice, Metallica, Superior, Malmsteem and co could help to imagine a texture that could make your mix more coherent and original !

You're on a good way to make it sound "new" ! For a sort of music which sounds rather "old" !

I'd love to hear a V2 ... with or without mastering, doesn't matter at this stage !

Great job. It made me smile, remembering my musical past, and gave me pleasure ... is this not a sign to a successful mix ? Smile I'd guess it is !

Let's here it tomorrow on real monitors to see if it hits me in the stomach !!!

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
*Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by Red2d2 - 14-02-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: *Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by JohnSmith - 14-02-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: *Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by Red2d2 - 14-02-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: *Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by JohnSmith - 15-02-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: *Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by Red2d2 - 15-02-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: *Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by Red2d2 - 15-02-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: *Falsetto* YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH! - by Red2d2 - 16-02-2013, 10:39 AM