Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The_Metallurgist mixes Enda Reillys Cur An Long Ag Seol
(30-07-2014, 09:01 PM)Olli H Wrote:
(30-07-2014, 05:59 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: and this is why your mix is difficult for me to engage in...but at least i can listen to mine without suddenly feeling a need to jump out of the nearest window. most mixes of this song had me wanting. i took a fresh approach which hopefully would please a wider audience.
I do know the what influence the music of Beatles had on Charles Manson, but I have never thought that my mixes could have somewhat similar effect to anybody. But please don't jump, there's much job here for you to do. I'm just a mediocre hobbyist. If my mixes suck, it's just my fault, but I always really try my best…

Olli, if i jump, it won't be your mixes that motivated me Wink

Pauli summed it up nicely; "....we do our best with what we have available." what i particularly like about your approach to mixing is that you are willing and open to try new ideas and push your own boundaries. i think that's fantastic....sometimes we can get a little trapped in thinking along the same lines with new mixes. i also like the fact that you think carefully about each musician's role in the performance and build your vision around this, and you do so without showing bias/preference to your own instrument. you are right to try and make the instruments shine and present them in the best possible way....it's an important learning point, and it's something i occasionally forget when juggling all the ideas and creative processes. so thanks for that too.

keep up the great work Olli, and thanks again for sharing your critique. i'd love to open the filters up and let those strings breathe, but i don't have the courage!

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The_Metallurgist mixes Enda Reillys Cur An Long Ag Seol - by The_Metallurgist - 30-07-2014, 09:20 PM