Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Tears in the Rain - A Metallurgist Mix and Master
The changes to the feel of the song you've created with automation are interesting and you solved the issue I wasn't able to with the bass DI.

The toms at the start sound like completely separate entities from the rest of the drum kit. It sounds like maybe you had a drum bus and/or reverb that they weren't a part of.

I do feel that the electric guitar sounds a bit separated from the rest of the mix around 0:50. It's much further forward than everything else, maybe a short ambience reverb would help it? Maybe a bit less 1-2K? I'd agree on the boxiness of the nylon, one of the main things I like about that instrument is the percussive attack to the notes, but that's been diminished slightly. It could be a touch less loud, it again sounds like a separate thing on top of a backing track rather than as much a part of it, I do like how it sits against the electric though.

Does the nylon guitar have a reverb on it with the pre-delay set in time with the song? I like that. Smile

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tears in the Rain - A Metallurgist Mix and Master - by Chris93 - 22-07-2014, 08:07 PM