Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Enda Reilly - An Nasc Nua
I like the way it is now.

Or, maybe the guitar is slightly too thin now? But of course, you must judge the situation yourself. It has no importance how one instrument sounds soloed. Main thing is: does the overall sound good. Guitar can be thin, if it is it's role in your mix. Then you just take care that some other instruments fill the low mids nicely. But what am I to judge? Your mix sounds clearly better than mine. Maybe I should fix first my own mid-range problems. Smile

ABout the bass. I understand your point, but sometimes the peaks and valleys are not artistic choises, but are maybe caused by cheap instrument, or uneven playing technique, or room, or whatever. And that's maybe an area where mixer can try to help. And remember that this track was not an live situation where every player responds naturally to others' playing. I'm quite sure that it was played with closed headphones, and then it's very difficult for a player to create natural and balanced groove - well, at least to me.

Anyway, at this listening moment the bass sound felt to me just fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Enda Reilly - An Nasc Nua - by Olli H - 04-07-2014, 08:30 AM