Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Secretariat - Borderline
(12-06-2014, 11:44 AM)Voelund Wrote: Again a wonderfully realistic soundin mix of yours.

Blush

(12-06-2014, 11:44 AM)Voelund Wrote: Some suggestions:
As mentioned - the OHs are full left right, narrowing them some gets a thumbs up from me Big Grin

This is the only one of your suggestions here I decided not to take; the OH has the snare far right and that's where I'm keeping it since that's evidently (based on the OH recording) where Secretariat wanted it. Tongue

(12-06-2014, 11:44 AM)Voelund Wrote: In verses you could turn acc gtrs down a bit to make chorus bigger.

More dynamic range. Happy to oblige there. Big Grin Automated the acoustics a little. No dramatic change but I brought them up and down by a dB or two as appropriate. Wink

(12-06-2014, 11:44 AM)Voelund Wrote: Try ridin the vocal fader or compres him a bit harder, some words nearly disappear. For one: is the american dollar strong enough to buy a young man a - eh what ? drink ? last word disappears.

Compress?! Now you oughtta know me better than that by now... Tongue I automated to vocal level just a touch; didn't want to spoil that nice, natural vocal sound. Big Grin

(12-06-2014, 11:44 AM)Voelund Wrote: Agree the wet solo comes as a surprise - either make it dryer or spill some water on the rest o the mix (I would suggest the first option)

Actually, I have been meaning to add a little more reverb to these vocals for a while now. So I did; that should fix the problem. Smile

(12-06-2014, 11:44 AM)Voelund Wrote: I like the sound of the acoustics a lot !

Yeah, me too; love a good acoustic guitar recording. Big Grin

So, what do you think now...? Undecided

.m4a    BorderlineB.m4a --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Secretariat - Borderline - by Pedaling Prince - 13-06-2014, 10:40 PM