Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Secretariat - Borderline
(06-06-2014, 04:16 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: the OH track seems to be panned quite wide..I'm getting snare in stereo...which is nice for attack but loses directness and drive imo ... i know from other mixes of yours that you like OH wide so I'm sure this is intentional

Actually, in the case of an OH track recorded in stereo I pan the close mics to match as closely as possible the stereo image I'm hearing in the OH track, so my drums are only as wide as that OH track is. Wink

(06-06-2014, 04:16 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: dry vocals/wet guitar solo mismatch .... each is OK on their own but noticeable moving from solo into drop-chorus...again i know you like mixes on the dry side so good on you for adding effects to solo.

Yes, I'm aware of that problem. It sounded fine to me at first but after listening to it a few times on my iPhone the mismatch tends to distract me. I've got a few too many irons in the fire at the moment but I plan to address that pretty soon, possibly this weekend; whenever I do get to it I'll be posting the revised mix here. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Secretariat - Borderline - by Pedaling Prince - 12-06-2014, 11:24 AM