Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Forkupines- Semantics
(25-05-2014, 11:50 PM)sano Wrote: Another mix where the drums are struggling to cut through the guitars. Again parallel compressing on the drum buss will help with this.

Overall the mix sounds a little on the muddy side, which with all those guitars is easy to do ..but you can HPF the guitars fairly high while still retaining there sense of power, and the bass will fill up the low end nicely, supporting the guitars.

OK. I added compression to the drums to bring them out a bit and, taking a cue from your treatments of the guitars in your mix, I highpass filtered all electric guitar tracks at 149 Hz.

How's it now? Smile

(25-05-2014, 11:50 PM)sano Wrote: I like the vocal delay lines you added on "the quiet part" Smile

I know. When I heard that, I though to myself, "That needs something..." Then I heard that sudden abrupt silence right after it; experience has taught me echoes fill in those kind of abrupt silences quite nicely. Big Grin So that's how that came about.

.m4a    SemanticsA.m4a --  (Download: 10.72 MB)

John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Forkupines- Semantics - by Pedaling Prince - 26-05-2014, 02:16 AM