Poll: Just a dummy question
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Brew - What I Want, mixed by Mange
Listened to your mix again... mud might not be the correct word. I now think I know what troubled me. When I solo keys and bass during the chorus they play the same figure. I think that gets lost when you "flex" bass to the bass drum. It sounds to me they don´t play the same figure anymore.

Interesting that you had the same monitors as I have. I don´t have that much of possibilites to reaarrange my room. I´ll give it some thought though and see if I can come up with something.

I too now see that low sub spike in my mix. Funny it slipped through, I used lowcut on everything but the kickdrum. Even the bassplayer is lowcutted as high as 50Hz! hmm, shall have a second look at that. Maybe the reason for the 30Hz peak slipping through was that I tried something for me totally new on the kick. Used one mick for lows and another for highs, seperating them with regular high/low pass filters. I totally agree with your friend. I´ll slap a highpass filter on that kick asap Smile I usually do.

Will lookup the ToneBoosters. Your mix doesn´t sound squashed or limited to me at all. Have you compared it to Slate Digitals FG-X? I have that but not at home where I did this.

Listening to that Jagger track was easier said than done. Will have a peek at local library if I can borrow it from there. Not available from any download store I use!

Messages In This Thread
the Brew - What I Want, mixed by Mange - by mange - 11-01-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: the Brew - What I Want, mixed by Mange - by mange - 19-01-2013, 04:27 PM