Poll: Just a dummy question
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Brew - What I Want, mixed by Mange
Sure, very interested. What I did for mastering wasn´t that much though. Ran it through some preset in a three band compressor. Trimmed the thresholds just so that gain reduction occured. Maked up gain just above clipping and turned on "soft clipping"... doneSmile
Other thing ´bout my mix (that I´m not that happy about today) is.. I mostly did it on headphones (Shure SRH840) and while it sounds overall great at home in my monitors (Truth B2031A). At work (regular stereo in cofferoom) it sounds truly terrible with a big bump low mid/high bass.

Great track indeed, there´s an official mix to listen to on Spotify. Found more great music by the band wich I have never heard of before. Wish we could play around with that performance, much better played I think. On the solo part I used the scissors quite heavily and moved the keyboard to be tight with bassplayer.

Listened to your mix and have one thing worth mentioning. The bassplayer. Sound seem soo deep, for my monitors anyway. I bet it comes alive with a nice sub but here it somehow competes with other bass and it gets a bit muddy. It sounds really strange...as it have been accitentely pushed ahead in time??!
Besides of that I like it... not so dripping with reverb like mine Smile

Shall listen to that Jagger track.

Messages In This Thread
the Brew - What I Want, mixed by Mange - by mange - 11-01-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: the Brew - What I Want, mixed by Mange - by mange - 18-01-2013, 07:05 PM