Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are the one - yet another mix!!
Hi bmullen and Prince!

Thanks for listening to my mix and thanks for the positive comments!!

Thanks also, Prince, for your detailed analysis and kind words. This means a lot to a "mancave mixer" like me.

Pedaling Prince wrote:
[undefined=undefined]"If you really only did "as little EQ as possible" here"[/undefined]

Well, I did use as little eq as possible, no eq was added to change the overall sound of each instruments, only to make it fit with the rest. The only 2 channels that got a more heavyhanded treament eq-wise than hp-filter and broadband eq are the kickdrum and the acoustic.
All eqs are reaper "reaEQ" and all comps are "reacomp".

The only "cheat" I used was a ampsim (rednef twin), a free fendertwin (!) simulation on the bassgtr as I felt the recorded DI signal didnt fit in with the rest of the mix, the bass had to much subbass energy on the lownotes and was bright on the highnotes and the ampsim took care of that.

What I however did use for this mix was faderautomation on the acoustic, lead vocal and lead gtr. It helped alot bringing the acoustic gtr forward when it had a "leading role" and hiding it when it didnt. Same with the lead gtr during the very dynamic solo that starts very quietly and ends a lot louder.

Thanks again for your kind comments. They have added a little selfconfidence to a "homebrewer" with studiomixing ambitions ! Smile

Messages In This Thread
You are the one - yet another mix!! - by lydkjell - 28-04-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: You are the one - yet another mix!! - by lydkjell - 29-04-2014, 12:27 PM