Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are The One Mix
(25-03-2014, 06:33 PM)mnoor Wrote: Any and all feedback appreciated.

This is pretty decent! I like it! Smile I particularly appreciate the fact that you've made a solid attempt to address the technical problems in the source material. Some people are mixing these tracks as is, which I think is a huge mistake since they're full of print-through and have significant high frequency rolloff. You even managed to give that acoustic guitar some life! I suspect it'd be even better if you give it a little kick at 4800 Hz. Wink Love the echo you've got going on the electric guitar, too! Nice!

I only have two significant quibbles. First, your two electric guitars kinda "collide" unpleasantly at 0:55; you might try panning them away from each other a little so they don't intrude on each other's space (and it'd give the mix a little more stereo spread in the process). Second, while I love the reverb effect you used on the vocals I feel it was laid on a wee bit thick; I'd dial it back quite a bit.

You have the makings of a good solid mix here, not an easy thing to do with this material. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
You Are The One Mix - by mnoor - 25-03-2014, 06:33 PM
RE: You Are The One Mix - by Pedaling Prince - 22-04-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: You Are The One Mix - by sardhouse - 17-10-2014, 10:04 PM