Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skelpolu: 'Human Mistakes' - Cefe's Mix
(11-03-2014, 10:59 PM)Cefe Wrote: My attempt at this one. I'm not very familiar with D&B to be honest, so any comments to improve are very welcome...

First I want to say this gave me some awesome ideas. I was going to write a short film based on my interpretation of the song (see the posting on my interpretation in my thread; you can also hear my mix there, of course Wink), but your mix here gave me ideas to flesh it out to the point where I think I might get a whole feature film screenplay out of this. Big Grin That being said, I think I'll keep my mouth shut as to the specifics of my ideas for the time being... Angel

That having been said, this is a highly creative mix going way out to lunch of what Drum & Bass is. Having said that, I still think it's awesome. I really loved it! I just gave me such a feeling of this Artificial Intelligence floating around in a server somewhere trying to figure out where it is. It may not be what the artist had in mind but, as a creation unto itself, it's a pretty mind-blowing interpretation. I love the raw sparseness of it; it really helps sell that feeling of being in a big, empty space. Funny because, at first, I didn't think I was going to like it. But it just sucked me in like a black hole (in a good way Big Grin).

My only suggestion would be to pull that piano out a lot more. Other than that, this is the most creative mix I've seen of this by far! Well done! Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
Skelpolu: 'Human Mistakes' - Cefe's Mix - by Cefe - 11-03-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Skepolu: 'Human Mistakes' - Cefe's Mix - by Pedaling Prince - 12-03-2014, 03:48 AM