Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Skelpolu - Human Mistakes
Hey Pedaling Prince,
yes indeed, I think the Kick and Snare are mixed not all too well for this genre, aha! Tongue

It has a different feeling than the rest mixes I've seen here so far. It is quite true that it's supposed to have a sad-mood,
but it's more focused on reallife. The robotic voice is a contrast to the actual topic - that someone did something stupid
to his girl. The main point is that he apologizes for it, saying that he can't denie he did it, but he did not decide to do it either,
considering "we - are - just - human"!
But don't get me wrong, you can't interpret it wrong. I live by the thought that everybody should be creative,
'cause it'd be quite boring without different ideas, to be honest - so good work mate! Smile

Aside from that, to the mix itself now, finally: The Kick and Snare are not mixed appropriately, if to consider the genre.
You've said it's not your usual genre, and I understand. To give you an idea, without naming examples, try getting a bit more highs than those mushy frequencies on the snare,
as well as some low-mids with a rather narrow Q. Also some more volume in both the Drums & Bass (see what I did there?), in comparison with the vocals, would be great!
Again, I try to just lean you towards the right direction, I won't simply show you what I mean - where would the fun be at for you? Ahaha! Smile

Anyways, if to consider that it's not your genre, it sounds pretty solid, it's definitely not going to give anyone earcancer, I also like how you auto-panned some of the instruments!
Keep it up, I am looking forward for more. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Skepolu - Human Mistakes - by Skelpolu - 07-03-2014, 12:26 PM
My Interpretation - by Pedaling Prince - 12-03-2014, 02:07 AM