Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up
Hi, Niels! as usual, your comments make me think and pay attention to things that go by me often Smile

- I added a plate reverb to the snare and I checked the EQ I applied. There were no low frequencies because I used a HPF. Maybe the dark sound you here is my attempt to fatten it up. It sounded too thin to me and I added some distortion in the low mid-frequencies... I don't know.

- I'm glad you liked the guitars. They took me longer than usual to make them sound decent Big Grin

- I've added some automation to raise a little bit the drums in the last part of the song when the drums are playing.

- the pedal steel gave me headaches from the beginning. It was much noisier before!!! I added a noise reductor and I got rid of most of the annoying noise, but there is still some remaining and I was not able to fully clean it because it was affecting the sound of the instrument and that was my priority.

- I've slightly changed the pedal steel and vocals EQ according to your suggestions.

The changes are small, but at least they will make the song sound better. Thanks once more!!! [/align]

.mp3    Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up(2).mp3 --  (Download: 5.1 MB)

mixing since April 2013

Messages In This Thread
Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up - by juanjose1967 - 17-02-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up - by bmullen - 18-02-2014, 09:07 AM
RE: Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up - by Voelund - 19-02-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up - by juanjose1967 - 19-02-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: Lyndsay Ollard - Catching Up - by Spede - 23-02-2014, 05:15 PM