Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm alright my mix (Nothing special)
Hi .
I'm very new in the forum (registered today), and in add I'm Italian with some problem with English language.
I'm a sound principiant and I study by myself reading and googling in the evening from about one year.
This forum is very interesting because I find very usefull to use your tracks and to mix it.
I've some doubt about the existence of mixdown rules like maximum peak level, effects yes or not, stereo widening, harmonics enhancement and so on.
In my mind the premastering could be -6dbFs peak about in order to leave headroom to mastering.
But in this case I did, what I usually do in my experiments that is to obtain a premastering track at -6db followed by application of a masterbus reverb followed by a little limiting enhancement to reach the -12dbFs RMS peak in the meter.
For this reason I think that the levels I applied to the enclosed mix are loud but.....I'm obviously prepared to any critic and advise.
This is my first mix with real instruments tracks, till today I did some exercise with virtual instruments.
Thanks for your opinion.
Bye
----
Today I added a new mix more accurate and more "personal".
Bye

.mp3    Im alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

.mp3    Im alright perc.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Messages In This Thread
I'm alright my mix (Nothing special) - by danielbond - 17-02-2014, 06:52 PM