Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great song - fun to work with
Whau - I mixed that so long ago and its cool gettin feedback on this, I really liked the song and couldnt wait to get it posted, didnt even hide the clicks from editin, they are overpowered most by the music though, but was worth waitin for. Thank you !
What I do with drums ? I try to take the mud out and keep impact as much as I can, Im not very good at mixin drums I think but maybe thats what makes them sound natural :-)
I remember on this one I used a lot of stillwells dynamic plugins and cool compressors.

Most of the time I use stock eq (Logic) to take out dirt, resonance and add a little peak at about 200, 1,2 and 5-6 on snare, 1176 from UA plugin and a Pulteq eq sometimes to thicken it.
Kick i use Logic eq to take out dirt and a Yamaha compressor if I use one (the 01x) sometimes a UA pulteq to thicken it.
Drumbus nearly alway have a Stillwell bad bus first, Stillwell bombardier compressor emulating tape and a fairlight UA set to take just a dB or 2. Love the fairlight on drums
Often I use a parallel buscompressor for kick and snare, 1176 really hittin it 8-15dB gain reduction and mixed very low under drumbus.
So nothin fancy - maybe the fact I usually dont boost highs like crazy does a thing too ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
Great song - fun to work with - by Voelund - 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by thedon - 14-02-2014, 02:39 AM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by grizwalter - 14-02-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by Voelund - 14-02-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by grizwalter - 14-02-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by Voelund - 14-02-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by Voelund - 14-02-2014, 10:25 PM