Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great song - fun to work with
Hey Voelund,

I'm working through listening through some tracks around here I've wanted to hear for a while. You are, of course, near the top of the list, considering you always take time to check out my mixes and provide valuable feedback.

Having listened to a number of you mixes and in conjunction with hearing your comments/suggestions regarding my own, I think I'm coming to a better understanding of some things which help me evaluate better on all levels.

First off, you often say you love what I do with drums, yet I find the natural sound of drums in your mixes, while still maintaining the ever necessary prominence, unbelievable refreshing. I'll teach you my cymbal trick if you'll learn me (southern boy comin' at ya') on the snare all-natural you've got kickin'.!

You have excellent special understanding, imo, and a depth and naturalness in your mixes I rarely hear.

With that said, you are also mind-bent on leaving dynamics alone, and I feel that many of your mixes could improve only in regards to an acceptance of the need for pounding the listener a bit more. This song is an exception to that rule, I might add. But for rock/alt/hard stuff, the listener, if he/she is the end-user of the mix product, is all that matters in terms of relaying the message/tone of a song. In today's world, that means making sure things are loud. I in no way condone over compression of anything, but more a realization that the balance between natural and modern necessity is one which we must embrace and figure out! lol

You do great stuff. Keep it up, thanks always for feedback on my stuff, and let me know if I'm way off base!

Later sir!
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Great song - fun to work with - by Voelund - 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by thedon - 14-02-2014, 02:39 AM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by grizwalter - 14-02-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by Voelund - 14-02-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: Great song - fun to work with - by grizwalter - 14-02-2014, 10:02 PM