Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Signs - voelund Now with a listenin test you should participate in :-)
Last thing first. Yes, same name same man.
Your reflections on my rather timeconsumin and exhaustin mix of this one show it wasnt all that wasted time and energy. Im afraid the way I hear things are little diffrent from most, and that reflects in my lvls and mixes. I love bas. And the medium we mix into doesnt have the limit as in the old days where too much bas makes the needle jump on the record Big Grin
I read Sting used to turn down treble and bas up on his parents radio as a kid.
Kinda same thing with me. For the editin and move around it just were too boring mixin the same chorus and verses so I tried some movin things around and it made more sense to me. Talkin bout dull mixes many Mark Knopfler songs are guite dull soundin too, and I listened his privateering album heavily when mixin this one.
As you noticed I called it a mixin contest. My bad. More like a 2 versions, which do you prefer. My bad enhlish bein the cause of that and im sorry. The use of a plugin from airwindows called channel, on each channel, to emulate the sound of high sung and expensive analouge mixin desks like Neve or API were the experiment. I admit I cant hear the difrence myself as no others have mentioned so I stopped usin the plugin that way. No answer can also be an answer. ...

I will give listenin the U2 song a go when I get the chance.
Thank you for the comments and the suggestions. You may want to listen to Japan song too ? I think that is a better mix, and better tracked Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs - voelund - by thedon - 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by Voelund - 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by takka360 - 01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by juanjose1967 - 01-10-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by Voelund - 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by Voelund - 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by Voelund - 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Signs - voelund - by Voelund - 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Signs - voelund Now with a listenin test you should participate in :-) - by Voelund - 31-01-2014, 12:00 PM