Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn on me Flymix, comments??
Good job with the flute man... I'd personally ease up on the delay a bit, just because it's a little incongruous with the rest of the track, but that's just a taste thing. Tonally though, it sounds freakin' fantastic in a way I haven't been able to achieve. All of the harshness and boominess present in the recording seems to have been trimmed out really well.

I'm missing the kick a bit and I think the overheads are a little bright. Maybe a de-esser or some shelving cuts in the upper registers? If I remember right the derned ride cymbal is bleeding excessively in almost all of the drum mics, too, so you might want to see if you can locate the frequencies where the stick noise is happening and notch them out, or maybe judicious low-pass filtering on the offending mics? I agree with Dave on the sibilance, too... the close-micing is really exaggerating his lisp so if you do a rework, you might want to clean that stuff out before you mix the vocals so you're not killing the tone you've been working so hard to achieve.

Only other thing I'm hung up on is that the uke sounds like it has more low frequency content than the guitar, which is a little disorienting to a guitarist Tongue but it doesn't sound bad at all.

Love listening to your crystal clear mixes... I'll try and finish this one up soon (it's giving me a hard time... still learnin') for an interesting comparison on our perspectives. Great work.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by flyrecords - 30-08-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by flyrecords - 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by ixnas - 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by flyrecords - 07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by tato - 07-11-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by flyrecords - 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by pauli - 28-01-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by flyrecords - 02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by pauli - 03-02-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Turn on me Flymix, comments?? - by vinniezero - 30-07-2014, 09:11 AM