Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Up Mix, from Scottsdale, USA
Just a few notes/observations. The tracks from Abby Road were cool, they definitely a vibey/rich sound. However, I overall found the color of the tracks very flat. I did quite a bit to add some motion and color. One example, is I transformed the swell guitar track into a keyboard like part by generating harmonics and adding octave above and stereo delays/reverb. There also was a lack of overall dynamics in the arrangement, i.e. "up" sections sometimes needed more than what was in the tracks. On each major section I re-worked the sound of the key instruments through effects automation, eq and adding saturation/harmonics selectively. I did a lot of level riding/automation to take the best moments of the various instrumental tracks and bring them through. There was probably a bit much going on with the overdubs in general. Not being in touch with the producer I didn't want to eliminate too much so I manually rode the levels to try to give each section a distinct tonality and the desired level of dynamics

Messages In This Thread
Catching Up Mix, from Scottsdale, USA - by SteveG - 25-01-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Catching Up Mix, from Scottsdale, USA - by SteveG - 27-01-2014, 05:47 AM