Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR] (NEED HELP!!!)
Indeed, guitars sound better. I miss some punch in the bas.

But indeed, the biggest factor are the drums. This genre requires real aggressive drums that punch you in the nose on every snare hit. It's not only volume wise I'm talking here, it's everything. Indeed, look into sample enhancement or.. because this wasn't tracked too brilliantly, maybe replace the kick and snare. Toms should be OK to work with. The floortom is pretty good, but the tom was recorded poorly. TUNING. Also it's a shame there are no room mics on the drums. Room mics are very important, especially for this genre. Thats where a lot of the excitement comes from as long as it doesn't sound too roomy. Funny thing huh. Maybe try duplicating the overheads and try to make a room sound out of it. Compress it in a way so the room sound comes out but make sure the cymbals don't rip off your head. Add some reverb to that. For that case, just put the verb on insert and use the 'mix' or 'dry/wet' knob to taste. You don't want it too wet of course.

Also I'm still not liking the vocals in the chorus. The balance of the lead vocal and the double is unnatural. Push the double vocal back a bit, so it's more about the lead vocal. The double is there just to add some more shimmer/depth/character. It should be pretty subtle imo, but still have its effect.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Actions - Devil's Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR] (NEED HELP!!!) - by Mr.Franky - 20-01-2014, 10:33 PM