Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Triviul feat. The Fiend - Widow
Thanks for posting this version -- nice to hear a different approach to it, letting the raw tracks speak for themselves more. You certainly seem to have an ear for balancing, although I do agree that the drums feel like they could be fatter to me as well. However, while I have no problem with a kid gloves approach to the EQ/compression mix processing (the proof is in the listening at the end of the day), I do wonder whether you've undercooked the send effects. I'm not suggesting slathering things in reverb, but at the moment the texture simply sounds a little bit too sparse for my taste, and you've sacrificed some of the opportunities for long-term pop dynamics that send effects afford, despite the unimpeachable microdynamics. You get excellent clarity that way, sure, but I feel like I want a soup rather than a glass of water here. A few more delays, a bit more creative use of the depth perspective. At the moment it sounds a bit like you're mixing jazz, whereas this production was conceived as a kind of crossover between Ms Dynamite and Dr Dre!

Incidentally, I'm sure you'd do a great job with Jesper Buhl, or some of the Java Jive stuff -- I reckon you'd have a blast with those! Again, thanks for posting. Although emotionally your version isn't quite my cup of tea, I really enjoyed hearing right inside this multitrack with your X-ray glasses! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Triviul feat. The Fiend - Widow - by Mike Senior - 15-01-2014, 07:41 AM