Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix)
Moonwrist,
I get where you're coming and it is not that I disagree about what you're saying in a practical sense. What I'm disagreeing about is the notion that it is my responsibility as a mixer to go ahead and master the track. I do not believe it to be my job to do that. After hearing what I can do with a track with my own mastering and then hearing what an actual Mastering Engineer can do to the same track I have really begun to not even bother with it. I can rarely stand putting any kind of dynamics processing on the master at all. I've got one on this mix, it is running a grand total of 1-2dB of GR. It really is not doing a whole lot of anything. That is all that is sitting on the master.

Voelund,
Thanks for the comments!

Well it is rock right? I mean not like the old stuff, but more modern. Though that still makes it rock which to me means I can turn the RMS up a bit more and be fine right? I
I can hear you about the kick and I actually had a lot of debate with myself about it. The problem I was having was making the kick audible. As a result of that I think I did make it not sound wholely as a part of the kit.

With the delay I could remove the first delay pretty easily. It would require putting in a little more automation and just automating the volume of that mixer track really. It would take me a bit to actually do it though. Funny thing about the delays was they came about because I was wanting just a little extra something with those vocals as they sounded a bit too "dry" for me personally. A simple delay throw worked out really well.

I'm not sure what you mean by more padding exactly. I can maybe get the HF, but I think a few of the parts are already way too bright.

Messages In This Thread
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 10-12-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 20-12-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 21-12-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 30-12-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Spede - 15-01-2014, 09:33 AM