Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Street Noise - Revelations
Hi PP, (have you ever raced? sorry the question is off topic!)

Anyone who grinds their way through material cleaning it up gets my fullest respect! I also appreciated the dynamic range you have going here. Your LCR panning strategy made me smile too.

You chose to keep the mix dark which makes it emotionally dull and lifeless in it's delivery. I'd have personally preferred more use of the frequency spectrum while of course, still respecting the low and high-end roll off found in vinyl production. Because the instruments were darker, I'm struggling with clarity (which leads to listening fatigue), especially the Hammond, which from my own experiences was a terribly difficult animal to bring out because of it's inherent desire to clash frequencies with the lead guitars. The sibilance on the vocal might cause the pressing plant some issues ;) I struggled to control the sibilance...the minute I did anything in the process, it would insist on coming back again. Difficult.

I had no sense of space here, not that a replicated LCR mixing desk will do much in that regard, but the mix is as dry as a bone. Can I ask why you chose not to use reverb in your strategy?

I can really hear the hard work you've done on the preparation; full respect.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Street Noise - Revelations - by The_Metallurgist - 09-01-2014, 10:43 AM