Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream
(07-01-2014, 10:56 AM)Jacques Wrote: Yes, I went for more a modern mix rather then a old school (we are in 2014 so why look back?, not that I'm not a fan of classic mix but I want to sound quite modern in this days Wink )

That's understandable. It's just that this particular song, to me, just SCREAMS 80's heavy rock in its style; to my ears, it just doesn't sound right done in a modern way. But that, I must admit, is totally personal taste; your approach is a perfectly valid interpretation of the song, too. Smile

Although I also must point out that one of the best reasons to "go back" is to learn what made some of those older recordings sound so much more dynamic and clear than many modern ones. There's nothing wrong with going for a more contemporary sound but I personally believe that even a contemporary sound can be achieved with much gentler processing than is often used in today's mixes.

(07-01-2014, 10:56 AM)Jacques Wrote: About GTR I didn't put any compression I just re-amp them, I was putting also a stereo widener but I felt that I was changing the phase correlation so I decided to don't do it Wink

How did you realize that? By just listening? Or did you actually do a phase correlation analysis in your DAW?

(07-01-2014, 10:56 AM)Jacques Wrote: I'm going to reduce or increase were you point your finger because I feel what you are saying Wink

I look forward to hearing the results! Cool

(07-01-2014, 10:56 AM)Jacques Wrote: Thanks again for your deeps advices!!!

No problem; I'll keep 'em coming. In the like vein, please feel free to comment on any work you see by me as well. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream - by Jacques - 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream - by Pedaling Prince - 08-01-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream - by thedon - 08-01-2014, 08:26 AM