Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream
(07-01-2014, 02:40 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 04:28 PM)Jacques Wrote: Here my mix of this killing song, let me know what's good and what's bad Smile

You've got the skeleton of a good mix here. Nice balance on the vocals, struggling to be heard against the guitars but understandable, exactly the way hard rock vocals should sound IMHO. Wink

Guitars, however, feel a wee bit squashed, like somebody grabbed their sound between their hands and squeezed it together. Sounds like too much compression to me. Remember that overdriven electric guitar tends to be self-compressing; there is rarely, if ever, a reason to apply compression to overdriven guitar.

Hi! Thanks for your comments, it really help Wink

Yes, I went for more a modern mix rather then a old school (we are in 2014 so why look back?, not that I'm not a fan of classic mix but I want to sound quite modern in this days Wink )

About GTR I didn't put any compression I just re-amp them, I was putting also a stereo widener but I felt that I was changing the phase correlation so I decided to don't do it Wink

I'm going to reduce or increase were you point your finger because I feel what you are saying Wink

Thanks again for your deeps advices!!!

All best

Jacques

Messages In This Thread
Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream - by Jacques - 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream - by Jacques - 07-01-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Jonny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream - by thedon - 08-01-2014, 08:26 AM