Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund - 'Comfort Lives In Belief'
(02-11-2013, 11:33 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Difficult mix for one simple reason: it's the song of a dear friend and I feel some pressure to make it sound not good, but GREAT!

Some people tell me that I work better under pressure, so let's see if in this case they're right or not.

But whatever you think of my mix -and of course, advice will always be welcomed- I had a great time working on this beautiful song!

Thank you, Niels for letting us have the chance to mix one of your songs!! Smile

A very dry sound here, something I don't usually like. However, for this particular mix it works extraordinarily well. You've brought out a lot of detail among the instruments, and reverb would probably just blur a lot of that, anyway. It has a very tight, "garage band" feel to it that suits the song surprisingly well. Smile

LOVE that "thump" you got out of the kick! Big Grin

Only one problem here. The guitar tends to interfere with lyric intelligibility from time to time. Myself personally I usually avoid automation when I can, but this is one case where the rest of the mix works so well that's probably how I would solve that problem: pull the guitar back maybe 6 dB or so when it plays during the vocal.

Other than that, an unusual but first class mix IMHO. Cool
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voelund - 'Comfort Lives In Belief' - by Pedaling Prince - 06-01-2014, 09:37 AM