Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Voelund - Comfort Lives in Belief
Works fine to me the way it is.

Some personal prerences:

Fills: With this bluesy song I think it's more interesting if there's only one solo guitar player. Even better would be if the fills sounded like played by singer by himself. It would make nice blues style focus to one person.

Vocals: Dry vocals sounds a little bit too dry. I can almost hear and see that Voelund is wearing headphones. Maybe some kind of tiny space could add a nice spice to it and blend it to live performance feeling.

(06-01-2014, 04:31 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote: In general, I go as gently as possible on all processing, using only the minimum EQ, automation and compression necessary to get everything to blend smoothly, and under no circumstances do I EVER apply processing or compression of ANY kind at the mastering stage; my goal is to preserve 100% of the dynamics of the original recording.

I understand the logic if the mixer and mastering guy are the same. If as a mixer you think something should be changed, then it should be done during mixing phase.

Do you have some kind of mastering stage? I don't. When I'm happy with mixing I just put a limiter to remove the headroom adn to bring up the volume level a little bit. I check that some random peaks here and there are cut 2-3 dB. But that's not mastering.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Voelund - Comfort Lives in Belief - by Olli H - 06-01-2014, 06:33 AM