Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix)
I'm sorry but my English isn't really good.
Maybe this open my thinking / view. Think of you next to mountain everest. Your friend is taking a photo of you and the mountain. He can either stand and you will look small or he can bow and with help of angle of view you will look bigger than the mountain behind you. Not sure if this make any sense but in the first photo the surrounding make you look small and in the other it make you look big.

I understand that one part of mixing is your own taste. Just thinking that if you know something really well don't waste that skill as an excuse.

Not to the limit but rather thinking will he take the picture outside in natural light or inside with artificial light and to what proportion will the picture be taken.
I haven't seen the Mona Lisa in front of my eyes but I have seen pictures of it. The genius who painted that didn't know anything about modern technology but if he had he would probably think about it. I have read some interviews about these big name mixers and many of them had said that they put master comp and master limiter so that artist could have a peek what the final product could be and then bypass it to render that mix for mastering. And by doing that he also know what his own mix could sound after a mastering engineer.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.

Messages In This Thread
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 10-12-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 20-12-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 21-12-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 30-12-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM