Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix)
Well I can understand that something is boring. You could paint the Mona Lisa thousand times and it will get boring at some point Wink

Can't find that I said your guitar sound big?
I said or wrote :"You don't have to make your solo instrument to sound overly big if everything else is bigger but behind that solo."
I don't mean the layering but that the rest of the mix is making/supporting the "illusion" in your mix. But I have to say that my english isn't really good.

And about bass?
If you're a bass head make that your power and strength and not your weakness.
And yes now I have to learn english better or I'm not living for my own standards and advice.

Well I don't have money to master these mixes so I try by myself and at the same time try to learn something new or understand better what I have done in the mix.
Again I compare this to painting. Maybe you have learn to paint with oil painting to canvas and now mastering is kind of same thing as taking a photo shoot of the painting.
Like I had almost always put a multi-band-comp to my master. I tweak it 15 to 30 minutes but almost always I find that comp bypassed mix sound better, but still I keep trying.
At what angle do you put your flash lights ans what adjustments you make for the camera and to what level do you set your tripod.
Yes I know Leonardo and Beethoven didn't have to think this kind of problems but if they have know it would they made something differently?
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.

Messages In This Thread
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 10-12-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 20-12-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 21-12-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 30-12-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM