Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR] (NEED HELP!!!)
Hey

In my opinion drums don't need all that much compression. Room/kit mics CAN benefit from heavy compression though. Gives more space/ambience to the drums. Something that works really good on drums is parallel compression. Use a snappy compressor for this. Just send all the drum tracks to that compressor (post fader) and mix that in with the 'dry' drums. I personally send the bass to this compressor as well, which gets the drums pumping with the bass in a nice groove. For a kick EQ, try adding some 50Hz, suck out some mid (somewhere between 200-900Hz) but use a narrow Q (otherwise you lose to much punch), and finally add some snap/top. 5kHz could work. Try a shelf at 8K and try 12dB for a start. Don't be afraid to EQ. Listen, don't look at 'amounts'. For snare, try adding some weight around 180Hz. Maybe 6-9dB, listen. Then try adding some higher mids around 3-4K and boost some top at 8K. Sometimes using a bell, in my case mostly shelf.

But I can't remember if the drums were recorded properly. Most likely not, these multitracks pretty much all suck with drums. So try adding some punchy 'modern' rock samples. Try to use them as reenforcement, do not use them to 'replace' the original drums. If the drums were really bad.. we'll then just replace them. Just make it rock.

Hope this gives some ideas.. Tongue

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Actions - Devil's Words [Mastered By EleKtroFR] (NEED HELP!!!) - by Mr.Franky - 25-12-2013, 08:41 PM