Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte-Fade
@Roy. Following you by working backward... Smile

No, I never thought your critiques are insincere/dishonest, far from it actually. You and the guys in here have been helping me to be a better mixer since day one, so no. I said 'you got me' as in I should have caught it myself if I was a better mixer but now I know.

About the fx. Tbh, I can't tell if my fx is helping or distracting. I am sure there's a line where they intersect but right now I can't see them lines. When I strap the verb in, I hear the instruments become sweeter, spacier, but that's about it. It's so hard for me to hear whether I have it too much or not enough. I guess I'll have to learn it just like I do with the EQ and compressor, etc. I am up for it Smile.

Imo, the bass is the single most important, not to mention the hardest to work on, instrument in a mix, a good mix that is. It just helps making the mix beefier and so pleasant to listen to when it's done right. And bc I am never sure I get it right in my mix I rely on folks like you to tell me even when it sounds nice on my end. If my mix doesnt translate on your end I'd prob think it's a fail. I don't mind keeping working on it tho. I want to get it right. And you guys wouldn't let me get away with it anyway so...Smile.

Anywayz, I have been trying to learn more about clipping. I think it's the reason why my master bus sometimes jumps to 7-9 dBs tho I don't hear any distortion or a drastic change in volume. The internet says the peak is so fast the ears are incapable to hear it, and the peaks rob the mix of its headroom. They say I need a clipper, which I don't have and have never used one before. Do you use them? Any thoughts on this? Anyone? Is there another way to tame the peak without using a clipper? Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 29-04-2024, 11:09 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by mikej - 30-04-2024, 12:42 AM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 30-04-2024, 12:27 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 24-05-2024, 03:36 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by Roy - 24-05-2024, 05:19 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 24-05-2024, 09:40 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by Roy - 24-05-2024, 11:31 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 25-05-2024, 02:07 AM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by novalix - 25-05-2024, 09:36 AM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 25-05-2024, 03:56 PM
RE: FytaKyte-Fade - by SonicTramp - 02-06-2024, 01:54 AM