Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Me - Facing The Truth
(02-03-2024, 04:25 PM)Roy Wrote: I gave a quick listen to Mix 1.0

Overall it feels pretty good. I could maybe a little bit 'meatier' and the 2-3k region could be 'tamed' a bit. Maybe a little lower. I'm just guessing.

Maybe a bit, although I feel it might need a touch more 3k actually.

Quote:I don't find the vocal to be a bit strong, as stated above. I think this song should have a strong vocal. It may have a bit of honk to it though. As the recording itself does in the 700-1500 range.

I think I did make a couple of cuts in the vocal, maybe somewhere around 500 and 1500Hz.  Possibly could have made one more a little higher up too, but I quite liked the edge.

Quote:I think the break guitar could be louder. The energy drops a bit too much at that point.
I think the modulation effect on guitar...2(?) brings it back too much in the mix on the negative part of the cycle and it gets lost.

Maybe.  I liked the contrast.  Yes, the modulation effect is a bit meh I suppose.  I think it's more that the guitar is pretty thin.  Maybe I could have added some more low end and mids to it perhaps.

Quote:I like the bass.

It's a cool part.

Quote:I wish the crashes were louder but I get that it's probably better they they're out of the way.

I think I felt the OH were a bit much in general, tbh.

Quote:I think the tone overall at the start is great but by later in the song the energy is mostly in the midrange. I know that's pretty much how the song goes and I'm as guilty of that in my own mixes. Still, as a listener it stands out at me. It doesn't feel like it gets bigger. If that makes any sense.

It makes sense.  I think the tone is is pretty much the same at both ends of the mix though?  I think I maybe mixed it a bit more funk than rock perhaps.

Quote:Anyhoo. Good job.

Or, more likely not, eh? Smile.

Appreciate the comments, I kind of thought that might be the case actually.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Rock Me - Facing The Truth - by mikej - 26-02-2024, 06:27 PM
RE: Rock Me - Facing The Truth - by Bromek - 27-02-2024, 07:46 PM
RE: Rock Me - Facing The Truth - by mikej - 27-02-2024, 08:31 PM
RE: Rock Me - Facing The Truth - by Patsculle - 02-03-2024, 01:43 PM
RE: Rock Me - Facing The Truth - by Roy - 02-03-2024, 04:25 PM
RE: Rock Me - Facing The Truth - by mikej - 08-03-2024, 06:23 PM