Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fytakyte - Disconnected - mix by Phil
Hi Phil, nice work with your mix! You have some good tones happening. I like how present and clear the vocals are. The guitars come across nicely too, and I like the way you mixed the horns at the end.

There are a few balance issues: -
Most notably the transition from the intro/first verse to the full band/second verse of the song.
Everything sounds big and wide and the vocals are really loud in the "well I..." part, and then the vocal gets really quiet. When the full band riff comes in, the mix also seems to "shrink" both in width and volume. Its probably just a matter of getting things automation right, and some different panning decisions to make those transitions really fulfil the listener's expectations in a more satisfying way.

The second balance issue is the bass/kick relationship. The kick is really subby and hogging all the low end space in the mix, and the bass is barely audible by comparison. Those two really need to work hand in hand to make the groove of the song work. I would suggest working on reducing the sub from the kick and getting the bass to be more present in the mix by getting it to speak more in the low mids and the midrange.

Overall, nice work so far!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fytakyte - Disconnected - mix by Phil - by FytaKyte - 26-02-2024, 04:21 AM