Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My version of the one
(09-12-2013, 08:37 AM)Moonwrist Wrote: Hello (forgot that in the first post)

Just remember that these are just my opinions and not the ultimate truth carved in stone.
I listened your mix second time.
The thing bothering me with the lead voc fx is probably that it is unnatural but the bvox are (or are closer to natural sound).
Maybe that could be the other way round? Keep the lead voc clear and add fx to double tracks?
Pumping is probably from master comp and is most noticeable at the last chorus. Maybe you could try a multi-band comp or add more compression/limiting to drums and/or bass groups.

Haha, for sure. I realise it is just your opinion but I still like to go back and listen and bearing your comments in mind, see if your suggested adjustments would in my opinion make the mix sound better as I think you made a valid point about the snare drum. Regarding the lead vocal, I put that chorus effect on purposefully as it is meant to sound spacey/science fiction as that is what always comes into my mind when listening to the track. I had very, very subtle multiband compression and I think my problem is that my gain staging wasn't great so the song was running very hot in the mixing phase which left me with very little headroom. I am still trying to figure this out. I start mixing as soft as possible but by the time my compressors are on and I have my parallel compression going, my headroom just gets less and less!

Messages In This Thread
My version of the one - by jonofat - 24-11-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: My version of the one - by Moonwrist - 07-12-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: My version of the one - by jonofat - 08-12-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: My version of the one - by Moonwrist - 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
RE: My version of the one - by jonofat - 09-12-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: My version of the one - by Moonwrist - 16-12-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: My version of the one - by jonofat - 17-12-2013, 12:35 PM