Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guarna - Eyeliner (MIX/MASTER)
(01-02-2024, 04:03 PM)hotpants Wrote: Hey, nice mix. Did you use mastering compression and eq? i'm not sure if i'm listening to the raw mix. I think the highs are a bit high, if this is an effect of mastering I would just tame the EQ high shelf a bit, but I like the direction of it. It is different to the original (which I based mine off of): is dryer, less highs and more mid-range 'body'. Also differs from the original mix in that the transients specially of the kick in your version are less 'pointy'. I couldn't tell if one is better to the other. I think its a matter of taste. If as much, I could say that this genre benefits from extreme clarity from fast transients and heavily compressed low end. I think increasing the highs as you did compensates for the lack of 'pointiness' on the kick and bass, but I would try to find some middle ground between your direction and the original one.
Thanks man for the write ur thoughts of the mix. I did the mixing part and later the mastering in a new session. To be honest with you, i only hear the main track ones in the multitrack preview and then i like to try to do my own version of what i'm hearing to. So, to this track i wanted to tried to make it like a Pop track but blend it with the hip hop high highs a bit high (maybe i went to much high right?), like in the 00's Pop, that's why the kick isn't that "big" or with a huge low end and not too klicky or pointy and leave the main focus into the vocals and a bit into the highs. But yeah, thank you again for write your honest view of the mix. If u have any doubt that i could be useful feel free to write. Hope to see you forward in futures mixes. Smile
Cheers man!

Messages In This Thread
Guarna - Eyeliner (MIX/MASTER) - by Unknow Mixer - 25-01-2024, 06:06 AM
RE: Guarna - Eyeliner (MIX/MASTER) - by Aprico(t) - 28-01-2024, 07:07 AM
RE: Guarna - Eyeliner (MIX/MASTER) - by Aprico(t) - 28-01-2024, 07:12 AM
RE: Guarna - Eyeliner (MIX/MASTER) - by hotpants - 01-02-2024, 04:03 PM
RE: Guarna - Eyeliner (MIX/MASTER) - by Unknow Mixer - 03-02-2024, 09:56 AM