Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Hollow Ground Eman Mix of Left Blind
well i defiitely agree now listening back to it a little while later that the kick is too loud in the mix. my ears must have been fatigued somewhat when i mixed this song. i used cubase 5 to mix this song, but its not mastered yet. i used a guitar plugin to get the electric guitar tone along with compression and EQ. on the drums i used lots of EQ (especially for the kick), compression and some reverb for the snare channel. i also used gates on all the drum tracks (except the overheads) to cut out excess noise from other drums. i did end up using a low cut for the overheads to get rid of some bleed-through from the drums to enhance the cymbals more. i used EQ and Compression on the bass and tried to get a more deeper sounding bass by boosting the 100hz area and decreasing the 300hz-600hz area. i did layer the bass frequencies in the whole mix so that the lowest frequencies in the mix were in the kick drum, then the bass, & then guitars to try to create that power feel in the mix without frequencies clashing between instruments. vocals had lots of high frequency boost for clarity and some mid boosts also along with some compression and s tiny bit of reverb i think. overall i think i need to master this song and repost it. it needs to be widened more so the guitars come out better and ill turn down the kick also.

Messages In This Thread
Hollow Ground Eman Mix of Left Blind - by Eman - 29-11-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Hellow Ground Eman Mix of Left Blind - by Eman - 05-12-2013, 05:00 AM