Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogiesnakes "It's My Right" Mix
I never posted a mix of this one but I've messed with it a bit. What I did was just keep guitar 1 centered and eq'd guitar to to be more of an accent and support of guitar 1. I added a stereo effect too to give it some stereo interest. I don't think it does anything radically different than guitar 1 so I just viewed it as a 'lift' for the sections it was in. I did consider multing guitar 1 so when it was on it's own in the verses it would be centered but panned hard opposite guitar two when they played together. Could have worked I suppose. I'm not against hard panning the guitar but I feel like it anchors the overall business by being centered while also supporting the rather dated and crotchety lyrics.

I can only give this a quick listen but it works overall. It could use a bit more kick to work with the bass. I can feel it but it could use some more beater to help propel and ground the busy guitar part.

The vocal is a little out front but works with this song.

I both like and dislike the solo distortion. I hear it because I know it's added so I'm conflicted. It feels added but that might just be me.

I think overall it could have a bit more energy and dynamics. It feels a bit small. Maybe centering the guitar would connect it to the rhythm section a bit more and make it feel like a band. Maybe a bit less lower mids and a bit more highs and lows? Like a dip in the 300hz area and a dip in the 1khz range because the vocals are a little 1khz heavy. And a little more low/sub to help the bass guitar keep the groove and some highs for some air.

Hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
Boogiesnakes "It's My Right" Mix - by lowlifeform - 16-12-2023, 08:50 PM
RE: Boogiesnakes "It's My Right" Mix - by Roy - 16-12-2023, 09:59 PM
RE: Boogiesnakes "It's My Right" Mix - by Roy - 20-12-2023, 06:12 PM